Ogham or Tarot?
I'd like to learn tarot or some form of divination. I looked at crystal balls for scrying, but good ones are pricy. A +5" natural quartz cabochon would be sweet. Maybe I'll look at a scrying mirror. Cheap is good. I've yet to try it though. I'm pretty good at spacing out and staring past things for 10-20 minutes at a time, but I think reading a spread is a little more engaging.
I had a Rider deck and a book. I figured out a couple of spread and how to read the relationships. But there's too many cards. How does anyone memorize all the meanings of all the cards? I guess there's keywords that you can work on. Subtle clues in the art on the cards. Maybe I'm learning disabled. Anyone have any tips for me?
I think I found a better divination tool: ogham! The druids had a divination system similar to runes, but using sticks instead. Sticks are collected from various trees and each tree has a certain story and information associated with it. I've got some pruning shears in the car and I've been collecting woods where I find them. There's a lot of birch trees growing along Rt80 here in NJ. I spotted some holly bushes on the far side of the car park at work. I'm either going to get killed on the highway or fired, but I'm gonna' have a cool set of ogham sticks.
From what I can figure, you either draw the sticks, blindly, out of a bag, or cast the lot on the ground. The lot casting makes more sense to me as it gives you a sort of timeline. Those sticks closer to you are more recent or perhaps the past. Those sticks furthest from you represent events or things in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment